People planning to enter the United States for temporary stay must know that there are two visa categories that they can choose from based on their purpose of visit. These include B-1 visa category, which is apt for those wishing to enter USA temporarily for business and B-2 visa category which allows foreign citizens to visit USA for tourism or pleasure. If desired, one can also opt for a combination of both, B-1 and B-2 visa categories. However, before opting for any of the mentioned visitor visa categories; you must acquaint yourself with the activities that are permitted with each visa. Read on:
Below are some examples of activities that are permitted with a visitor visa:
Business Visa (B-1)
- Consulting with business associates
- Attending a scientific, professional, educational, or business convention or conference
- Settling an estate
- Contract negotiation
Tourism and Visit Visa (B-2)
- Vacation or holiday
- Meeting friends or relatives
- Medical treatment
- Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)
Certain activities require other visa categories and hence are not permitted within the visitor visa category. These include study, employment, paid or professional performance, working for foreign media, permanent residence in the United States, etc. Hence, you need to consult experienced visa specialists to ensure that you choose the right visa for USA.
For any queries or assistance related to visa for USA, you can get in touch with the Visa specialists at Pathway Visas. To know more about them check Pathway Visas Reviews.